ATMs: ATMs are located outside the cafeteria entrance and in the lobby of the Physicians Plaza.
Cafeteria: Located on the first floor, the cafeteria is open seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Chapel: Located on the fifth floor, the non-denominational chapel is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Discharge Locations: Outpatient surgery and endoscopy patients are discharged at the 4th floor parking deck canopy, Level P4. Inpatients are discharged from the front entrance on the first floor of the hospital.
Gifts: Located on the first floor, the Gift Shop is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The shop carries a variety of gift items, flowers, plants, balloons, cards and snacks. Please check at the nurses’ station before bringing gifts of food, drink, flowers or plants to patients.
Hand Washing: Hand hygiene is the single most important step in preventing the spread of bacteria which can lead to infection. Please wash your hands with soap and water or waterless hand rubs which are both readily available.
Internet: Wi-Fi is available throughout the hospital, including patient rooms, plaza, lobby, cafeteria, and other public areas.
Security: Our security staff patrols the hospital and grounds on a continual basis. A security guard will escort visitors to their cars upon request.
Smoking: Grandview Medical Center is a tobacco free campus. The use of smoking products, electronic cigarettes, dip, chew or snuff is prohibited. Family and visitors are not allowed to use tobacco while on the campus.
Vending Machines: Vending machines are available on the 1st and 4th floors.
Visiting Hours/Public Access
Grandview Medical Center does not and will not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
We ask that patients and visitors observe the following guidelines to ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or any area of the hospital.
- No one with a cold, sore throat or other transmittable illness should come to the hospital.
- Visitors should not sit or lie on the patient’s bed.
All entrances to the hospital are locked at 9 p.m. After-hours access to the emergency department is available from the 2nd floor entrance.
Visiting Nursing Care Units
While we recognize that families are an important part of the patient’s recovery, we encourage you to go home and rest in the evenings. Having a loved one in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) can be very stressful to families and getting plenty of rest will allow you to better care for your loved one after the discharge process. We do allow one adult family member over the age of 18 to stay in a patient’s room overnight.
Visitor parking is located in the main parking deck. Direct access to the hospital is on levels one and two. From other levels please take the parking deck elevators to floor one or floor two.
- Designated patient / visitor parking areas: P1, P2, P3A, P3B and P4.
- A daily fee is required to exit. If exiting the parking garage after hours, the automated tellers will accept cash, credit and debit cards.
- There will be several valet services stationed at certain entrances during portions of the day.
- The 4th floor of the deck (P4) is designated for outpatient surgical patients and outpatient endoscopy patients only.
- Public entrances will be open from 4:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. After 9 p.m., Security can grant access via speaker / camera at the entrance on the 2nd floor.
Weapons: Patients, family and visitors are not allowed to bring weapons into the facility. Security will ask family or visitors to leave the premises if they violate this policy.