The emergency department at Grandview Medical Center is designated as a Level III Trauma Center and Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Our 22-bed emergency care unit is fully equipped to manage emergency injuries or illnesses for all age groups. The emergency room also features an 8-bed Fast Track ER and an 8-bed Results Pending lounge to expedite your care.
Our emergency room features:
- Integrated/ multi-discipline, electronic medical records system that interfaces EMS pre-arrival to admission or discharge
- CT Scan and x-ray suite inside the emergency department for faster testing and results
- Large, advanced resuscitation rooms, with dedicated cardiac arrest, STEMI and trauma receiving areas
- Bedside ultrasound and sonography
- Advanced IV insertion technology equipment
- Multiple triage points with emergency care providers
- Hazmat/ decontamination area with a separate entrance
- Public safety and EMS lounge
- Stretchers with built in radiographic ability
- Specialty rooms and equipment for OB/GYN, psychiatric, ENT and orthopedic patients
- Advanced cardiac monitors and diagnostic capabilities
Grandview Emergency Services is the official healthcare provider for:
- Talladega Superspeedway
- International Speedway Corporation—NASCAR
- NCAA Men’s Soccer
Look Forward to Preparation
The emergency department works diligently to develop emergency preparedness plans and training. To further this commitment to you, the emergency department staff at Grandview Medical Center participates in the National Disaster Management System and routinely participates in state, county and city-wide drills.
Many staff members also serve on multiple committees within the city and county as well as on the Birmingham Regional Emergency Medical Services System Steering Committee and the City of Birmingham Emergency Medical Services Advisory Committee and Emergency Management Agencies.