Women's Imaging Services
At Grandview Medical Center, we understand that women have unique needs. To better fit your busy lifestyle, we’re created the Women’s Diagnostic Center- a separate imaging center designed solely for women.
The new Women’s Diagnostic Center provides Birmingham women with advanced imaging technology, including:
- Two 3D mammography machines that deliver a series of detailed breast images, allowing your doctor to better evaluate your breasts layer by layer.
- An advanced ultrasound system designed for abdominal, vascular, obstetric, gynecologic, neonatal, pediatric, urological and cardiac imaging.
- A comprehensive bone density scanner that analyzes bone mineral density (BMD) and lean and fat tissue masses.
- A 64-slice CT scanner that provides faster scan times and lower radiation doses.
- A wide bore MRI machine that features a wider opening, faster scan times and a silent scan option for some exams.
To schedule an imaging procedure at the Women’s Diagnostic Center, please call (205) 971-1489.